This blog is about news, results and photos of events hosted by Chain Gang Events.
– Rider needs to complete 3 out of 4 events, having ended in the top 5 of at least 1 of the events
– Where regions share a “provincial team” (WC/SC, EL/PE, MPU HV/MPU LV) each region would need to provide the above information
– The provincial team and category winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd place) will be determined based on the rider having 3 results in the case of 4 events and 2 results in the case of 3 events and finishing in the top 3 positions of their age category (based on crossing the line first). Current category leaders for Eden / Southern Cape .
– Each province will be allowed up to 24 positions (3 per age category) with the standard being that the 3rd position rider needs to finish within 5minutes of the 1st place rider
– If 2nd or 3rd place riders do not finish within the above allocated time (5 minutes), they will be deemed not up to standard and therefore will not be included in the provincial team.
– Those qualifying for the provincial team but do not attend an invited school will also compete on the Saturday and still be representing their school.
– The provisional team will be announced at the region’s final event at prizegiving
– Depending on manufacturing and timing of the event, provisional jerseys will be given to riders before leaving for national final (team announcement function in the pipeline)
– Costs will be covered for 1st place but 2nd and 3rd place will be at own cost unless those riders fall within the invited school
– Riders that are selected for the provisional team but are part of an invited school will not be substituted with eg 4th place (they need to form part of the top 6 riders of the invited school)