Mad Mountain Marathon (MMM) – 19-21 April 2013
Great Karoo, Small Karoo, Mountains and Beach. Chain Gang Events has managed to incorporate all of them in one of the toughest 3-day stage mountain bike rides, namely the Mad Mountain Marathon (MMM).
The race will start in the historic town of Laingsburg and will follow a route via Prince Albert, Oudtshoorn and the finish in Sedgefield. Excellent jeep and gravel tracks to test endurance and not so much technical MTB ability will be the order of the day and will incorporate the hospitality of the locals from the region.
<<<Entries are now open>>>
- 3-day supported Stage Cycle event
- Team event – each team consisting of 2 riders
- Maximum 50 teams will be allowed and only pre-entries
- Date: 19-21 April 2013
- CSA sanctioned event
- Registration will be from Thursday 18th April 2013 at the Laingsburg Tourism office
- First Stage will finish in Prince Albert – about 130km with 1200m of elevation
- Second Stage will finish in Oudtshoorn – about 100km with 1700m of elevation
- Finish will be in Sedgefield – about 100km with 1400m of elevation
- Price will include Breakfast, Supper and a light Lunch on race days (excl. supper at Sedgefield)
- Price includes 3 nights of Guest House accommodation per person sharing (Laingsburg, Prince Albert and Oudtshoorn)
- Price will include transport of 1 x Luggage bag from and to each accommodation place
- Price is R3900.00 per team member. Single supplement and no accommodation provision is available on request.
- Prize Money of R30000!