This blog is about news, results and photos of events hosted by Chain Gang Events.
The route was changed from the 2011 version with the Whites Road incline still present and added on a scenic out-and-back section via Sanparks Ebb-and-Flow with the turning point at Eden Adventures (one of our sponsors). The start was at the Caltex garage in Wilderness and finish at the very comfortable and inviting Pomodoros restaurant (another sponsor).
Torrential rain forecasted for the day resulted in a lower turnout for the race but the diehards were present. In total we had 58 entries for the 10km and 3 members for the 3km Fun run.
The results in short are as follow:
10km Open Male
(1) Lloyd Bosman (Nedbank) 0:35:13 (2) Melikhaya Msizi (Knysna) 0:35:14 (3) Hermanus Jonkerman (Nedbank) 0:37:41
10km Open Female
(1) Alison Jordaan (Nedbank) 0:42:07 (2) Marie Wolmarans (Nedbank) 0:46:15 (3) Sunett de Jager (Nedbank) 0:48:33
10km 40-49 Male
(1) Peter Jaehne (Rand AC) 0:38:42
10km 40-49 Female
(1) Alison Jordaan (Nedbank) 0:42:07
10km 50-59 Male
(1) Hermanus Jonkerman (Nedbank) 0:37:41
10km 50-59 Female
(1) Marie Wolmarans (Nedbank) 0:46:15
10km 60+ Male
(1) Ronnie le Roux (Brackenfell) 0:46:16
10km 60+ Female
(1) Hildagarde Brewer (Plett) 1:07:12
10km Junior Male
(1) Nigel Williams (Sedgefield) 0:38:48
Here is the link to the full results: Results Link
Here is the link to photos on the NBMC Eden Facebook page: Photo Link
Thank you to the following sponsors and contributors for lucky draws and prizes:
Old Time Barber Shop
Seven Passes Initiative marshals
NBMC Eden members
Lastly, thank you to all the athletes that came to run and hope to see you all next year at MJM 2013.