This blog is about news, results and photos of events hosted by Chain Gang Events.
The route was changed in 2012 and all the entrants that took part loved it. The Whites Road incline is still present and added on a scenic out-and-back section via Sanparks Ebb-and-Flow with the turning point at Eden Adventures (one of our sponsors). The start was at the Caltex garage in Wilderness and finish at the very comfortable and inviting Pomodoros restaurant (another sponsor).
Torrential rain forecasted for 2012 had a reduced number of entrants, but we are sure that the turnout for the race will be much more in 2013. The route record (0:35:13) is held Lloyd Bosman and an amount will be added to the overall winners prize if the record is broken again.
The 2012 results in short were as follow:
10km Open Male
(1) Lloyd Bosman (Nedbank) 0:35:13 (2) Melikhaya Msizi (Knysna) 0:35:14 (3) Hermanus Jonkerman (Nedbank) 0:37:41
10km Open Female
(1) Alison Jordaan (Nedbank) 0:42:07 (2) Marie Wolmarans (Nedbank) 0:46:15 (3) Sunett de Jager (Nedbank) 0:48:33
10km 40-49 Male
(1) Peter Jaehne (Rand AC) 0:38:42
10km 40-49 Female
(1) Alison Jordaan (Nedbank) 0:42:07
10km 50-59 Male
(1) Hermanus Jonkerman (Nedbank) 0:37:41
10km 50-59 Female
(1) Marie Wolmarans (Nedbank) 0:46:15
10km 60+ Male
(1) Ronnie le Roux (Brackenfell) 0:46:16
10km 60+ Female
(1) Hildagarde Brewer (Plett) 1:07:12
10km Junior Male
(1) Nigel Williams (Sedgefield) 0:38:48
Here is the link to the full 2012 results: Results Link
Here is the link to photos on the NBMC Eden Facebook page of the 2012 Event: Photo Link
Please register at http://www.chaingangevents.co.za/register and enter online.