MMM MTB Race: 25 – 27 April 2014
Great Karoo, Small Karoo, Mountains and Beach. Chain Gang Events has managed to incorporate all of them in a 3-day stage mountain bike ride, namely the MMM MTB Race.
The race will start in the historic town of Laingsburg and will follow a route via Prince Albert, Oudtshoorn and the finish in Sedgefield. Excellent jeep and gravel tracks to test endurance and not so much technical MTB ability will be the order of the day and will incorporate the hospitality of the locals from the region.
More information about the route with route maps on the event website.
<<<Entries are now open>>>
- 3-day supported Stage Cycle event
- Team (2 riders) and Solo entrants are welcome
- Maximum 150 riders will be allowed and only pre-entries
- Date: 25-27 April 2014
- CSA sanctioned event
- Registration will be from Thursday 24th April 2013 at the Laingsburg Tourism office
- First Stage will finish in Prince Albert – about 130km with 1200m of elevation
- Second Stage will finish in Oudtshoorn – about 100km with 1700m of elevation
- Finish will be in Sedgefield – about 100km with 1400m of elevation
- Price will include Breakfast, Supper and a light Lunch on race days (excl. supper at Sedgefield)
- Price includes 3 nights of
Guest House accommodation (Sold Out) per person sharing (Laingsburg, Prince Albert and Oudtshoorn) subject to availability. School dorm accommodation now available.
- Price will include transport of 1 x Luggage bag from and to each accommodation place
- Price is R6900 per team and Solo entrant fee is R3900. Single supplement and no accommodation provision is available on request.